;

» What car did you learn how to drive in?
ShamelessMcBundy
 Posted: May 21 2018, 02:24 PM

Lord High Moderator
Group Icon

Group:
Moderators
Member ID:
Total Post:

I was inspired by what your new car will be thread to start this. So I ask, what car did you learn how to drive in?

I learned how to drive in my dad's 1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. My brothers and I all learned how to drive in that big ol' beast. My dad bought it new off the lot in 1978. It was with our family for 30 years, until he bought his truck in 2008. There are times when I really miss that car.
^
John
 Posted: May 21 2018, 04:26 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

What a car to learn to drive in! I learned to drive in a 1987 Ford Taurus wagon. When it came time to take my test, I kept over compensating because I was taking the test in a Pontiac Grand Am. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

--------------------
Starscape will always be free for all members.
If you feel like it, though, you can help Starscape pay for its monthly ad costs, domain costs, and upkeep. Any amount will do, and it will be greatly appreciated.

Starscape BBS Donation Page
^
mikeh92467
 Posted: May 21 2018, 09:13 PM

Apprentice
Group Icon

Group:
Moderators
Member ID:
Total Post:

There were several for me. My old '65 Impala was one. I learned to drive a stick on a 1963 Dodge Lancer...AKA "The Green Dragon" (actually it looked more like a toad. Look it up if you don't believe me) one of the ugliest cars ever built. 3 speed on the floor...bench seat, no seat belts and a driver's side door that had a habit of flying open when you went around corners. A bit disconcerting to say the least. It did have a great radio, though! In Driver's Ed we had Plymouth Satellite automatics. Passed my driver's test in a 72 Plymouth Valiant. Slant 6 engine. First car we had with A/C.
^
John
 Posted: May 22 2018, 10:31 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

A Plymouth Valiant? Oh man, I liked those cars. Classic shape and design, just beautiful.

--------------------
Starscape will always be free for all members.
If you feel like it, though, you can help Starscape pay for its monthly ad costs, domain costs, and upkeep. Any amount will do, and it will be greatly appreciated.

Starscape BBS Donation Page
^
Pondwater
 Posted: May 22 2018, 11:11 PM

Crazy Snowman Lady

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

A Ford Focus, A KIA Sephia and a Nissan Sentra.
^
maneth
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 03:06 AM

Learner

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

A boring old VW Golf. I was past 30 when I finally decided to get my licence.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Docking Port 47 | Next Newest »

View Topic Options

Mobile Version Last Visit: --