;

» What Is The Meaning Behind Your Username?
John
 Posted: May 21 2018, 04:59 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

Mine's easy, it's just "John," which is my first name. I've seen a lot of great usernames here, the past few days, and I'm curious about them.

So, what made you pick that username? Was it drugs? It was drugs, wasn't it? Seriously, though, what does it mean?

--------------------
Starscape will always be free for all members.
If you feel like it, though, you can help Starscape pay for its monthly ad costs, domain costs, and upkeep. Any amount will do, and it will be greatly appreciated.

Starscape BBS Donation Page
^
ShamelessMcBundy
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:17 AM

Lord High Moderator
Group Icon

Group:
Moderators
Member ID:
Total Post:

God, back when I first went online, lo these many years ago, I tried to have the name Seamus McBundy, Al Bundy's ancestor, but it was taken. So I chose ShamelessMcbundy instead. Almost 20 years later, here I am.
^
Pondwater
 Posted: May 21 2018, 07:47 AM

Crazy Snowman Lady

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

I’m a murky and slow moving individual.
^
mikeh92467
 Posted: May 21 2018, 11:14 AM

Apprentice
Group Icon

Group:
Moderators
Member ID:
Total Post:

Mine was randomly assigned by Prodigy....waaaaay back in the day. Since then lots of people have asked me if there's any hidden meaning there. The hidden meaning is that I'm a dinosaur!
^
John
 Posted: May 21 2018, 09:37 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (ShamelessMcBundy @ May 21 2018, 09:17 AM)
God, back when I first went online, lo these many years ago, I tried to have the name Seamus McBundy, Al Bundy's ancestor, but it was taken.  So I chose ShamelessMcbundy instead.  Almost 20 years later, here I am.

THAT'S who your name reminds me of. For years I couldn't figure it out! https://files.jcink.net/uploads/starscapebbs/Smilies/lol.gif

QUOTE (Pondwater @ May 21 2018, 11:47 AM)
I’m a murky and slow moving individual.

https://files.jcink.net/uploads/starscapebbs/Smilies/love.gif

QUOTE (mikeh92467 @ May 21 2018, 03:14 PM)
Mine was randomly assigned by Prodigy....waaaaay back in the day. Since then lots of people have asked me if there's any hidden meaning there. The hidden meaning is that I'm a dinosaur!

Ah, Prodigy. I remember selling subscriptions to that when I worked for Sears. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

--------------------
If you feel like it, though, you can help Starscape pay for its monthly ad costs, domain costs, and upkeep. Any amount will do, and it will be greatly appreciated.

^
Silverwing
 Posted: May 23 2018, 12:41 AM

Adept

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

I like planes, especially world war 2 era fighters.
^
John
 Posted: May 23 2018, 12:59 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

Ooh, I love planes, too. I'm a small aircraft fan, mostly private citizen craft like the Cessnas and Beechcraft series.

--------------------

^
Top Hat Zebra
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 09:29 AM

Journeyman

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

Oh I like this, yes.

My name is a gift. The first forum I ever joined, the Treehouse. It was a fan forum for a little webcomic called Daisy Owl. I thought the comic was cute, so I joined the forum to talk about it.

Little did I know, this forum had moved on long ago. For the webcomic itself was incomplete, abandoned. Instead, what I found was a great fortress of living wood besieged by an evil Empress ruling over a strange race of feline-bee hybrids, the huddled, wild-eyed remnants within all caught up in their own tangled web of alliances and treachery. And yet, even so, these scarred veterans welcomed me, and it was the first online community I was ever a part of. I made many friends there, and I consider them all as family, some of them targets, but family nonetheless.

When I first joined, when I first came to the Treehouse, I was known by my birth name: Chester Snapdragon McFisticuffs. But I went through that fiery crucible, I braved the lashing storm of friendship and war, and when I came out, I had a new name. A name given to me by the dread Empress herself, Rare, as was this top hat.
^
John
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 05:41 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

^ Now see? THAT's how you do a backstory.

--------------------

^
Kommander
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 02:23 AM

Harold Penisman

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

When I was in middle school, my plan for the rest of my life was "Join the Navy, work my way up to the point where I get command of a ship, then steal that ship and start my own Navy with blackjack and hookers." Because of this I thought it was fun to say things that I thought a Naval officer would say, like "That's an order!" after telling someone to do something. One day, a friend of mine said he was going to start calling me "Admiral." My response was "Nah, that would make me seem too arrogant. I should go with a lower rank that accurately reflects how arrogant I am. How about 'Commander'?" Soon after I started spelling it wit a "K" to be different and, just kind of never stopped using the name.

I gave up on my military plans in high school because "following instructions" is not something I'm particularly skilled at. I'm also not a fan of being told what to do.
^
John
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 10:30 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

Plus, it's probably a lot harder to steal a Navy ship from the outside, though you could buy an old one though honestly, who could keep up with the payments?

--------------------

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Docking Port 47 | Next Newest »

View Topic Options

Mobile Version Last Visit: --